Need to translate?

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Name Loves this week: Candler, Callaway, Claire and more.

I really enjoy doing these Name Loves posts, and cataloging my ever-evolving style in names. So here you go, these are my name crushes this week:
 
 

Girls:

 

Isabeau-- Such a sweet alternative to Isabel/Isabella. And as masculine as the nickname is... I've been really crushing heard on Beau as a nickname for a girl... Can't help it!


 
Calloway/Callaway-- Callie/Cally is the obvious nickname here. Calla would be cute too. I just love the way this name rolls off the tongue.


 
France-- I follow someone on Instagram with a daughter named France. I quite like it, and it feels fresh. Wait... did I put this in my F name post? I hope so!


 
Navy-- I love this color name for a little girl. It's so spunky, and I'd like to see it paired with something feminine, like Navy Juliette, or Navy Seraphina. 


 
Amabel-- I've always loved Annabel, but recently I've started falling for it's wonderful alternative.


 
Alouette-- One of my favorite combos used to be Mia Alouette. Alouette means "lark" in French. How beautiful? Possible nicknames could be Ally, Lulu, or Etta.


 
Claire-- I've obviously loved this name since I was little, (my dog's name is Lacy Claire) and I don't think I'll ever stop. Claire is quite the popular name, but it's no wonder. It's got a beautifully simplistic sound.


 
Maple-- I feel the same way about Maple as I do Fable. It might be a little off the wall, but it's got such a sweet sound. Don't think I'd ever have the guts to use it though.




 
Boys:

 
Hurley-- This one has been on my brain since I featured it with the -ley/-el boy name post. A little boy with this name is set up for life to be cool, I think.


 
Noam-- An alternative to the mega-popular Noah, who is the number one most popular boy name in American in 2013. From my understanding, this name is quite popular in Israel.


 
Candler-- I wouldn't use this name for a certain reason, but I loveeee the way it sounds.


 
Maxim-- A fresher way to get to the nickname Max.


 
Rhys-- Oh how I love this name. Americans prefer to spell this name Reece/Reese, and I go back and forth on whether or not I like the Reece/Rhys spelling better.


 
Atticus-- This is becoming increasingly popular, and I'm starting to warm up to it. I don't think I'd ever use it, but I'll crush on it from afar.



Beckham-- Yes, as in David. It's not like I'm a huge soccer fan or anything, but I think the name just sounds nice.



Asher-- This name is definitely on the rise, at #104 on the charts in 2013, but I have only met one, just this week. It has a beautiful meaning: "happy."




That's it for this week's roundup of awesome names.  Have an awesome Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment