Need to translate?

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Get excited!

I've finally got the guts to do it! I've started my own blog about names. I guess I should begin the way everything should, with an introduction.
 
My name is Kaitlyn! I'm a college student that lives in the southern part of the United States, and I have all of my life. If I had to pin-point when my love of names started, it was probably the day I was in my local grocery store, and I saw the magazine headline for Nicole Richie's new baby.
 
Harlow Winter Kate.
 
That name still gives me chills. (Not really, but I still think this name is breathtakingly beautiful.) I remember leaving the store that day saying over and over to myself "Harlow Winter Kate. Wow."
 
From there, over time, I snowballed into a true Name Nerd. And low and behold, at some point in 2011, I found Nameberry.
 
*the skies open up and a choir of angels sing*
 
I had discovered a community of people who loved names just like me! I could stop annoying/freaking out my parents and friends with all of my deliciously unusual combinations, and I (and they) were glad, I'm sure.
 
I have lists upon lists of names, and first and middle name combinations, and baby name books on my Kindle. And more importantly, I have parents, friends, and a boyfriend that understand that just because I love names, doesn't mean I'm after a baby WHATSOEVER at this point in my life!
 
I can't tell you why I love names so much. I think every girl has an inner name nerd; when I mention my names to another one of my girlfriends, their eyes light up, and you can see a little excitement to discuss the names they like. For some reason, the Name germ colonized in my brain, and spread to the point to where I had to find an outlet!
 
And thus, here it is :) I hope you guys enjoy it!

 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on starting a blog!

    If anything, it will probably just make you love names even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm hoping that will be the case :)

    ReplyDelete