Need to translate?

Friday, September 26, 2014

I asked my fellow name lovers for their favorite boy combos, and this was the response:

I took to the Nameberry community for my latest conquest. I know that everyone has a different style when it comes to names. So in this blog, I want to make sure and feature names from all different tastes. I asked my fellow Berries what their favorite boy name combinations are. They gave me their name (some opted to use their Nameberry user name) and this was the response.
 
Note: Some have chosen to elaborate on why they love the names they do, so when you see them refer to "I", it isn't me :)
 
Also: The cool thing about this, is that every one of these names is linked to Nameberry, so if you like one of these, roll your mouse over onto it, click, and Presto! You'll be taken to a page of that Name, it's meaning, popularity, etc.
 
Now, I'll stop talking and let you enjoy these fascinating name combinations!
 
Emma H. :
 
 
rkrd:
 
 
Grace M.:
 
 
Carly Z.:

Oren Drake- I love Oren for its soft but strong sound, we like O- names because we want to use the nn Oz (with our last initial). Drake sounds nice in the middle and means 'dragon' which is very meaningful to my husband.

Jude Caspian- again, Jude is soft but strong, and I just find it so handsome. Caspian is such a magical name, I have a deep love of reading and it combines our fathers' names.

Asher Penn- Asher just makes me happy, and I love that it has a happy meaning. My husband really likes the name too. Penn is a rememberance of our early dating and engaged years when we lived in Pennsylvania. Plus I just like the name and find it handsome!

Bram Augustus- Bram is a new name to our list, we came upon our love for it mutually and I love the mysterious feel of the name. I see it working on a mischevious little boy who grows up to be an outdoorsy, athletic gentleman. August is a family name on my husband's side (his grandfather, uncle and cousin) and is also my husband's middle name. I think Augustus flows better though and adds to the mysterious sound.

Griffin Edward- Griffin just sounds so fun to me, and I like the possibility of the nn Fin. I feel that Griffin or one of its nns could fit any personality. Edward is my grandfather's name and I think it works well with Griffin.
 
 
 
Steff S.:
 
Xander Gabriel - Xander is a name that I have loved ever since I watched Buffy the vampire slayer. Gabriel is another name that I loved since I watched a popular TV show, that I won't be using as a first name due to its rise in popularity and my love for the sound of Xander Gabriel. And not matter how many times someone says that they like Xander as a nn for Alexander, it won't change the fact that I like Xander more and may be using it in the future.

Xavier Leo - Xavier has been one of my favorite names ever since I starting liking names. I love Leo as a middle
name because it is short and handsome.


Luke Edward - I am not considered about the Es running together because this name takes the style of my fiance's name and includes his middle name and a name from his favorite movie series. I love Luke because it is short and too the point, I have never liked Lucas. I like Edward because it is a name that runs in my fiance's family and it is a classic and I love the way it sounds.

River Adam - Adam is not set in stone as the middle name for River. But both names have always been my favorite. River is the name of my future son and it has been that way since I first heard it. I love Adam because it is a handsome name, and I love the way it flows with River.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Emily G.:

 
 
 
 
Amy E.:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Claire L.:

River Michael
Ezra Duncan
Jasper Gregory
Abel Terrance
August John

The first names are basically my favorites & the middle names are all family names.

 
 
 
 

 Myosotis:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Raevyn O.:

 1. Finn Cecil
2. Gabriel Peregrine
3. Augustus Fife "Gus"
4.
Samuel Joss
5. Cove Watson [more of a GP, but I couldn't think of another one] (for those of you non-name nerds, GP stands for Guilty Pleasure!)

 
 
Aine:

Asa Benjamin (my absolute top favourite boys' combo )
Lucas Orion
Emrys Apollo
Evander Rhys
Idris Nathaniel
 
 
 
 
Emily M:

Samuel Byrd - Samuel is a longtime favorite, and Byrd is a family surname.

Edward Solomon - Edwards is my grandmother's maiden name, and I have a special connection with that side of my family. I like to have one Biblical name per combo for religious reasons. Solomon means "peace" and Edward means "rich guard" or "blessed guard." In a roundabout way Edward Solomon means "blessed guard of peace," which I really love.

George Gideon - George is a classic that's been unjustly neglected these past few decades. I love that it derives from the Greek word for "farmer," as farming has been the primary occupation of my family for centuries. It's a job that requires discipline, diligence, and a strong work ethic, all traits I hope my son will possess. I love Gideon for its rugged and woodsy feel.

Arthur Isaac - Isaac is my tentative middle name choice for Arthur, as I've yet to find a Biblical name I love to go with it. I absolutely love the name Arthur, and the associations with Arthurian legend are so cool. Arthur also has a connection to my mom's maiden name.

Ezra Callaway - I think Ezra is one of the coolest names ever. Callaway is a family surname.
 
 
 
Alice L .:

Leo Xavier - I have loved Leo for a year or so now. I just love how it is handsome and wearable on all ages. Xavier I find spunky, unusual and exotic.

Alexander George - After hearing Prince George's name (George Alexander Louis), I feel in love with this combo. It sounds so handsome and regal, and I love the cool nickname of Xander.

Thomas Archie - I have loved Thomas for a while now. It was the name of a doll I had when I was little, and I've loved it ever since. I have loved Archie for about the same time as Leo. It is fun and playful to me.

Harry Lysander - I have loved Harry for about the same time as Archie and Leo. Like Archie, I find it fun and playful, as well as handsome. Lysander is a newer name love, I just find it so romantic.

Cornelius Laszlo - Cornelius is an honour name for me, but it gets a lot of negative feedback online and in real life. I also love how it sounds and looks. Laszlo is a newer name love, I think it is extremely cool and picture a laid back, carefree little boy when I hear it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I could go over this list allllll day. I love fellow Name Nerds, because their range of names is boundless.
 
Although I love many of these, three of them really stood out to me: Jude Caspian, Soren Lennox, and Ezra Calloway. I think these are my 3 favorites because I would have never thought to pair any of these together and they all work wonderfully.
 
Readers, I hope you enjoy going over these names! Expect a similar post on girl names too... I have a feeling those will be equally as fascinating.
 
Happy Weekend-ing. :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the love on Jude Caspian :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! Thanks for sharing your awesome combos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wedding Yield Gifts, Don't You Want to Earn the Perfect Gift For Your Wedding Reception Guests? The wedding return presents are a very common way to avoid the bride giving out gifts, as an instance, a bouquet of roses, a set of rings, or even a wonderful gift card. Additionally, if you have a specific friend which has a couple of months before she marries and can't make it, a distinctive package such as a flower bouquet would be ideal. Once you understand how useful marriage reunite gifts are on your wedding planning, you will become far more creative in coming up with one. Other options for the yield gifts could include candles, soaps, wine glasses, keepsake boxes, etc.. In Nandigifts you can get affordable, top superior union return presents.
    return gifts
    return gift ideas
    wedding return gifts
    marriage return gifts
    wedding return gift ideas
    wedding return gifts chennai
    baby shower return gifts
    baby shower return gift ideas
    return gifts below 50 rupees
    jute bags online

    ReplyDelete