Need to translate?

Monday, November 10, 2014

Modern Day Disney Channel Names: Ivy, Sonny, Cece and more.

I don't watch the Disney channel much anymore, but I've seen enough to notice that Disney has kept up with the times in the name department. I really am impressed. Here are some of the ones I've noticed:


Good Luck Charlie:
 
Charlie (of course): I've found this name to be quite popular in my area, but with good reason. It's adorable. I don't see this name slowing in popularity any time soon.
 
Teddy: Charlie's older sister has a tomboy-ish nickname too, but Teddy definitely isn't as trendy as Charlie. Could Teddy be the next Charlie? I can't say for sure, but I think it has potential.
 
Toby: I personally am not a fan of Toby, but I know that a lot of people don't feel the way I do. I'm wondering how little Toby could influence the popularity of the name.
 
Ivy: This is Teddy's best friend's name. Ivy is most definitely rising in popularity. At the beginning of 2014, when the Most Popular Name Charts of 2013 came out, I was surprised at the popularity of Ivy, who sits at #152. I hadn't heard of any baby Ivys, but now I know of several.
 
Emmett-- Brother P.J.'s best friend. Emmett is such a sweet, stylish choice for a boy name.
 
 
 
 
ANT Farm:
 
Chyna-- Granted, this is the actual actress' name. It's a modern place-name choice for a character.
 
Olive-- Another rising star in the baby name world. Isla Fisher and Drew Barrymore have chosen this for their baby girls, and it seems to be a fresher alternative to the mega-popular Olivia.
 
Fletcher-- I first heard this name on Liar, Liar, but it has been given new life by the preteen artistic genius on Ant Farm. Fletcher would fit right in with all of the Tuckers, Ashers, and Ryders being born nowadays.
 
Paisley-- No question about the trendy factor of this name, and it gets a lot of hate in the Name Nerd community for it, but I find it rather sweet.
 
 
 
 
Shake It Up:
 
Cece-- Nickname names are all the rage in England, and I think we'll catch on to this trend... just not quite as much as the Brits have.
 
Rocky Blue-- Disney must have a thing for boyish nicknames on girls. I'm not complaining.
 
Flynn-- Here's another rising star in the name world that Disney picked up on. Thanks to Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr's baby boy, Flynn continues to rise.
 
 
 
 
So Random!:
 
Sonny-- This is Demi Lovato's character. I feel like this is a very boy-ish name, but then again, Disney apparently likes those kinds of names for girls.
 
Nico-- A very stylish choice, although it's not my style.
 
Zora-- Cora... Nora... This one seems to fit right in.
 
Grady-- I love Grady. It's a vintage gem that needs to be brought back.
 
 
 
 
Crash and Bernstein:
 
Wyatt-- I think this name will stay on the boy's side, despite Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis using this on their daughter.
 
Cleo-- Remember that "O" ending I talked about a few names ago? Here it is again! Cleo is a name that I get the appeal of, but I just can't make myself like it.
 
Jasmine-- Jasmine has such a soft, pretty sound. I do find this a bit too Disney-princess, though.



 
 
And that's all I've got for you! Tomorrow we'll be back to doing a Baby Face Tuesday Feature! Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment