Need to translate?

Saturday, August 16, 2014

#selfiesaturday: Being a School Supply Snob. (for Madi)

I know it isn't Sunday, but I'll be going to the zoo tomorrow to celebrate my last day of summer! So I'm switching it up today :)
 
In honor of going back to school on Monday, I'm posting on a certain.... problem that I have.
 
I'm a School Supply Snob, thanks in part to my sweet (and very Type A) friend Madi. I have to have only a certain kind of pencil, a certain kind of notebook, etc. I have an ever-growing collection of Sharpies that I loooove to add to. It's just become a quirk of mine over the past few years, and I like the fact that I actually enjoy trips to Office Max and Staples.
 
I'll be blogging today on my favorite supplies: their brands, their design, all of it. So here are my choices for this year:



 
I decided this year to try to go without a binder. They are so big, and bulky and end up killing my shoulders by November, so we'll see how that goes. If not, I have a hot pink, reinforced binder that was great for last year.
 
I'll go from right to left: Rather than the binder, I'm going to use two folders and a 5 subject notebook; the first for hand-outs and passed back papers, and the notebook for notes, obviously. It'll be lighter weight, and I think it'll be easier to stay organized throughout the year.
 
Oh.. did you see my Sharpie collection to the far right? That is my color coordinated collection of Sharpie pens, markers, and highlighters. I love it. And yes, they are organized with toilet paper rolls. I credit that idea to Pinterest. :)
 
Back down at the bottom, there is my super cute Post-it holder. Post-its are life in school, to me, anyways. Skipping over to the pink and yellow Post-its, those are full adhesive sticky notes. They are amazing, because I never have to worry about the sticky not falling off, or wrinkling. Expensive little boogers, but they are so fantastic, especially for note-taking. Unfortunately I have to be sparing with them!
 
Those pencils in the middle are my FAVORITES. I really don't like to use any other. There's something about the way they fit in my hand, and they make my semi-sloppy handwriting flow a lot better than other pencils I've had.
 
And then... there's the Lilly Pulitzer planner. It's the reason I'm going to force myself to get in the habit of keeping track of a planner... because once again... it was way expensive. However, it does have some adorable features inside.
 
 
 
 
Oh, and I'll show you guys my new Name Supplies that I got too!


Like my slippers?

A Name notebook, obviously, but also a clipboard-notepad mash-up. The clipboard opens like a book, and has a note-pad inside, so when I go graveyard naming, it can be more convenient.
 
Name Nerd + School Supply Snob = Who knows what.
 
Alright guys, I'm done for this #selfiesaturday. I'm going to have a steak dinner! Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment