In honor of my first day of college in a little over 12 hours... I'm doing a post on collegiate names! And there are some better ones out there than you might think:
Abilene-- As in Abilene Christian University. This name has been getting more recognition thanks to The Help.
Acadia-- As in Acadia University. This college is actually in Nova Scotia, come to find out.
Auburn-- As in Auburn University.This name would fit right in with the Aubrey craze, and the trend of color names. If Aubrey, and if Scarlet, and if Blue, why not Auburn?
Baylor-- As in Baylor University. This is a name I've actually seen on two baby boys within the past year, but I think it could go for either gender.
Bellevue-- As in Bellevue University. I love this as an alternative to all of the -bella names.
Bethel-- As in Bethel University. A great, and uncommon way to get to the sweet and simple nickname, Beth.
Brigham-- As in Brigham Young University. I really like this, actually. I love Bram, and this seems like a more rugged version of that name.
Duke-- As in Duke University. If Guliana and Bill can pull it off with their child, I say the general public can too.
Fairleigh-- As in Fairleigh Dickinson University. Hmm. I know many Name Nerds may dislike this, but I find a certain charm about it. Maybe because it sounds like fairy.
Hendrix-- As in Hendrix College. The first association with this name would definitely not be with the college, but with the guitarist. So for me, this is a very daring choice of name, and it would take a really cool kid to pull it off.
Kent-- As in Kent State University. A little bit more rugged than Keith, and it feels sort of preppy to me.
Mercy-- As in Mercy College. Such a sweet virtue name that was brought to light by Madonna when she used it for her daughter.
Murray-- As in Murray State University. I prefer Murphy, over Murray, personally.
Princeton-- As in Princeton University. This one only seems logical to me, since Kingston has busted the Top 200, why not Princeton?
Salem-- As in Salem State University. I love Salem. It's a Hebrew name for peace. I could see it on either gender.
Troy-- As in Troy University. I heard a few boys talking a few years ago, about how they would love to name a son Troy, because in their words "It's the most badass guy name there is." I thought to myself "Hmmmm. It's fascinating to hear the thought processes of boys talking about names."
Truman-- As in Truman State University. The first association with this name will most likely be with the president rather than the college. I adore the nickname True.
Okay guys that's all I have for tonight! Next time you hear from me, I'll be a big, bad college girl. Talk to you soon!
.jpg)
.png)
.png)
.jpg)
Looking for the hair transplant Clinic in lucknow? Choose an experienced clinic offering advanced procedures, skilled surgeons, modern technology, personalized care, and natural-looking hair restoration results.
ReplyDeletehair transplant Clinic in lucknow